[Clipart] Nicu's Penguin/Tux in Linux Journal

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 12 09:36:26 PDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 crschmidt at crschmidt.net wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:49:21 -0400
> From: crschmidt at crschmidt.net
> To: clipart at freedesktop.org
> Subject: [Clipart] Nicu's Penguin/Tux in Linux Journal
>
> I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I hadn't seen it:
>
> Linux Journal's August issue has their "Reader's Choice" awards, and

Shouldn't that be Editors Choice?

there is still time to vote for Inkscape in the readers choice awards
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8272#readers-choice

> Inkscape won the "Best Graphics Software" category. Of particular

Inkscape proudly added the news to their web page
http://inkscape.org/?p=223

You might all want to take a look at create.freedesktop.org to keep track
of the Inkscape and Openclipart.org newsfeeds.

> interest is the fact that they published a screenshot of the software,
> with a caption indicating that they were showing "this SVG Penguin,
> drawn by Nicu Buculei for OpenClipart based on Larry Ewing's original
> design.".
>
> I don't see any other mention of what Open Clipart is in the article
> anywhere, but thought that bit of PR was nice to see.

Great to see OpenClipart.org being used with Inkscape, long may it
continue.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Open Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org