[Clipart] openclipart-0.14-win32.exe: Trojan.Downloader.Istbar-158 FOUND

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 15 14:20:00 PDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, JT wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:20:34 -0700
> From: JT <jt at sirius.airdelights.com>
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: [Clipart] openclipart-0.14-win32.exe:
>     Trojan.Downloader.Istbar-158 FOUND
>
> Hi, all -
>
> I downloaded the openclipart-0.14-win32.exe a couple weeks ago via the
> openclipart.org website. Last night my nightly ClamWin (0.86.1)(main:
> 33, daily: 978) virus scan returned:
>
> C:\Downloads\openclipart-0.14-win32.exe: Trojan.Downloader.Istbar-158 FOUND
> C:\Program Files\Open Clip Art Library\Uninstall-openclipart-0.14.exe:
> Trojan.Downloader.Istbar-158 FOUND
>
> I'm downloading the new openclipart-0.15-win32.exe build now, but it
> will take a little while. Does anyone have a copy of the .14 exe to
> check? I'm submitting the (smaller) file to the clamav team, perhaps it
> is a false positive, or maybe it got there after I downloaded it. I will
> update later.

There is a strong possibility you got a false postive.  Several virus
scanners have taken a dislike to some of the freely available uninstall
programs and over the years many open source programs have been
mislabelled as viruses. If you could double check this or if someone else
could check it agianst another virus scanner that would be a help.

If we are going to continue to distribute Windows Executables we might
want to run it by an open source virus scanner (like possibly Clam AV).

Sincerely

Alan Horkan