[Clipart] [Fwd: 500 internal server error]

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Jul 20 19:55:34 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 19:31 +0000, Jonathan Leighton wrote:
> Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
>
> >Wow, that is...  not telling me what the problem is, I think.  Line
> >700 is not even close to being in the part of the file that I changed.
> >I ran my own tail just now with a much longer n, and got warnings at
> >lines 424, 685, and 692, none of which appear to be the problem
> >either, although I ought to look into them.
> >

> Oh right, yeah, I really should have done a longer tail to be sure.
> Sorry : /
>
> >I may have to create a piece of clipart just so I can upload it and
> >find the problem.  What a bummer ;-)
> >
> >Okay, that methodology shows me the real problem:
> >
> >[Wed Jul 20 06:28:51 2005] [error] [client 209.143.57.19] Can't locate object method "first_descendant" via package "XML::Twig::Elt" at /srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/lib/perl/5.8.3//SVG/Metadata.pm line 298, <FH> line 8., referer: http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/upload_svg.cgi
> >[Wed Jul 20 06:28:51 2005] [error] [client 209.143.57.19] Premature end of script headers: upload_svg.cgi, referer: http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/upload_svg.cgi
> >
> >Huh?  We *seem* to have XML::Twig installed, version 3.15.  The
> >version I have here is only 3.17, so I find it hard to believe that
> >3.15 wouldn't have the first_descendant method.  Nevertheless,
> >something is wrong with it, because first_descendant *is* defined in
> >my version of XML::Twig.  On my system, it's on line 4740 in
> >/usr/share/perl5/XML/Twig.pm
> >

> Changelog is here: http://www.xmltwig.com/xmltwig/Changes
>
> Version 1.6:
>
>       added the XML::Twig::Elt first_descendant method
>
> Hence the problem ; ). I'll see if I can get daniels to upgrade it for
> us. Other people try as well. Sooner this is fixed the better.

Did you file a bug about this with fd.o? I think that is the best
approach to get this library updated. Is it absolutely necessary? Are
there any workarounds without having to require the fd.o guys to make
more changes? Also, don't we have some local perl modules in the clipart
server area? Could this updated xmltwig be placed there?

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)