[Clipart] Use 7Zip for the Open Cliparts distribution

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Jun 18 17:57:25 PDT 2005

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> True, and I think you and I are in agreement, however I've learned from
> experience not to dismiss things too quickly.

This is why I said, "by itself, in the absense of any other reasons".

"Lots of people are requesting it" would probably qualify as a reason,
and would IMO be a better reason than "it gets better compression".

And regarding bzip2, although I doubt it really saves us much at this
point, it is deployed widely enough these days to be worth offering
(though certainly not to the exclusion of .gz).