[Clipart] release 13 coming up

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon May 2 07:59:36 PDT 2005

"Stephen Silver" <ocalocal at btinternet.com> writes:

> Jonadab wrote:
>
>> The upload is in progress.  We can plan to release on Monday.

It's all uploaded now...

> I think the release needs to done again.  All the SVG files
> seem to have been damaged during the release process - none
> of those I tried will display in the Adobe SVG Viewer, for
> example.  This applies to the old ones as well as the new ones.

Interesting.  I'm having no trouble opening them with Inkscape.
Still, that could be laxness on its part, so we definitely need to
look into this.  How would we go about finding out what it is about
them that the Adobe viewer doesn't like?  Does it provide any
diagnostic information or explanation of what the problem is?

Could this be related to the way XML::Twig is rewriting the XML?
Something to do with namespaces and the prefix: notation?  I'm just
guessing wildly in the dark here...

> Perhaps it would be best not to have a release this month -
> the tools need to be fixed and thoroughly tested first.

Well, people can always continue to use the 0.12 release until we get
this ironed out.  The PR could warn that the new release may not work
in all viewers, and that we are working on the problem...  or we could
just skip the PR altogether, if it is felt that a broken release is
worse than no release.