[Clipart] Possible suggestion to include more artists.

Gerald Ganson Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca
Tue May 31 14:08:53 PDT 2005

I have this idea as a way to increase contributions and variety.

To encourage more artists to contribute.

There are likely many artists of the pen and paper variety who would be
interested in contributing, but do not have the required tools and
skills to create vectors.

If there was a place to upload JPG submissions for the purposes of
having clipart designers turn them into vectors, this may encourage more
submissions. It would be clear that the JPGs themselves are not becoming
part of the collection, but may/will be used by "vectorizers" to create
clip art.

The area could have information on how to draw artwork that is best
suited for clip art etc.
It could be closely linked to both the submissions, and requests ideas.

"Vectorizers" could then turn these into SVG clip art in the similar way
that I did with the PNG from ABI that I e-mailed about earlier this
month.

I'd be willing to work on wording and examples for the "information"
section.

Comments ?

Gerald G.