[Clipart] Open Office Assocition?

Bernhard Haumacher haui at haumacher.de
Tue Nov 1 14:06:34 PST 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 10:29 +0200, Bernhard Haumacher wrote:
>>Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
>
> <snip />

>>>Ah, then it sounds like the whole issue is already all taken care of?
>>
>>Yes, it is. The solution is not yet perfect, but already usable. The
>>next release will improve the handling of gradients, which is especially
>>important for the "advanced" images in the Open Clip Art Library.
>
> How can we push for this to be included in the standard OO.o
> distribution?

This is mainly a problem of OOo's Java policy. They refuse to
incorporate post-Java-1.4 (or 1.3?) code into the main code line. I
choose Java 1.5 with generics and all the funny 1.5 stuff for
development. Therefore, there is currently no much chance to get it
into the standard distribution. And since the transformation is not
yet complete, I don't feel much inclined to back port it.

Bernhard