[Clipart] Inclusion of copyrighted logo in your library

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Sep 21 06:51:55 PDT 2005

Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> I reluctantly agree with principle of it but wish we could find a
> way to modify the files enough that we could include them instead of
> being forced to throw away good work.

I do not think we necessarily have to irrevocably throw all the logos
away in the rm -rf sense.  We just can't include them in the Open Clip
Art Library.  However, someone presumably could host them in a
non-public-domain collection with appropriate disclaimers and
warnings.  I don't know who that someone would be, but we could hang
onto them (outside the scope of the collection -- the failed files
archive seems as good a place as any) pending the appearance of said
someone.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/