[Clipart] Generate txt files for 0.19 release

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Apr 3 08:45:23 PDT 2006

"Michael Moore" <stuporglue at gmail.com> writes:

> I've almost got the 0.19 release ready. The images are sorted, the png
> thumbnails have been generated, and keywords propagated, but I don't
> know how to make the txt files with the author/title/licence and
> keywords.
>
> I grepped the OCAL tools for "txt", but didn't see anything that
> seemed to be related.
>
> Can someone please tell me how to do that?

Traditinally, those have been generated very early in the release
procedure, by svg_validate.  If we are no longer using svg_validate,
then we will either need a tool to do that (easier) or else we will
need to fix the navigate script so that it doesn't need them (better).

If we want to go the easier route for this release, I suspect that the
authority control script probably could be easily modified to generate
the .txt files if desired.

Ultimately it would be better to fix the navigate script, so that it
reads from an index or database, rather than from all those .txt
files.  That would not only obviate the .txt files but also, if done
well, would improve performance and significantly reduce the disk I/O
that the server has to do.  Of course, moving entirely to cchost would
obviate the navigate script altogether, and the .txt files with it.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/