[Clipart] Clipart Usage

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 14:21:07 PDT 2006

> Sorry to bother you, but I've been through the FAQ and other
> information provided on the site, but I couldn't understand if all
> the clipart images are free for use. There are some which have
> nothing typed under licence and I'm at a loss whether I could use one
> of those images or not.

Yes, with an if.

When submitting clipart to the library, the submitter must say that
they are in the Public Domain (the yes).

Sometimes people misunderstand copyright rules and submit logos, or
other trademarked images. We try our best to weed them out, however if
(the if) the image you wish to use happens to be the logo or other
trademark/copyright of some company etc., then you can't. It will be
pretty obvious in most cases what is trademarked (ie.the Apple logo,
etc.)

--
Michael Moore