[Clipart] Re: Regarding the zero-byte size problem

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Tue Apr 25 22:57:45 PDT 2006

jeff at smithicus.com wrote:
> Rather than posting more questions to the bug I posted yesterday, which, as you
> say, is a well known bug, I'm going to ask my related question directly. I'm
> still a bit confused.

The right place to as is our mailing list, I am just one of the many
contributors to the project, I will try to answer as I can.

> I know about the manual information that has to be added to the meta data - my
> name, my home url (which I like to attach) and the keywords. I did add those
> when I submitted.
>
> My question is: what happens with my submissions now? Did they in fact upload
> correctly, and are just showing as 0-bytes because the licence info is
> incorrect? Or did the upload fail to upload anything at all? Can you fix the
> licence flag on the files I've uploaded, or do I have to do something different
> and re-upload?

AFAIK all uploads are stored in a temporary directory before any script
is run on them and is possible to recover them from there. I think
Jonadab did this for the 0.19 release (which was supposed to be out of
the door by now, but I don't know what happened with it).

> I don't mind doing things manually, but I still don't understand if there's a
> workaround for my problem. Do I have to wait until the new cchost-based site is
> up before I can submit?

The bug is nasty, I am not sure if a workaround will work, I have myself
problems uploading files.
As for the migration to cchost, it appears stalled for the moment, but
is our only plan.

--
nicu