[Clipart] Use of ClipArt in HeadCase

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Fri Apr 28 07:20:49 PDT 2006

Elliott.Bignell at t-online.de wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I am the author of the HeadCase Mind Mapping software for Windows. I am
> looking for a source of ClipArt and would like to clarify the position
> of the Open ClipArt community and what it might expect of me in return.
> I would like to package a small collection to ship with my software and
> link online to a public pool, from which my users could dip and into
> which they might perhaps tip the odd bucket.
>
> I am not yet at the point where users can create their own hand-drawn
> artwork, but I DO have a shape generator based on an evolutionary
> algorithm which might usefully generate small items for the Open ClipArt
> library, such as some rather nice flower shapes, eyes, clouds and
> cetera. What am I allowed to do and what should I contribute in return?

As our entire collection is released as Public Domain, you have exactly
those rights: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/

As for contributing something in return, we do not require *anything*.
Of course, any kind of contribution would be welcomed, but it is
entirely at your will.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/