[Clipart] Screenshot uploaded:

Jose Hevia jose.francisco.hevia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:43:13 PST 2006

2006/1/6, Tobias Jakobs <tobias.jakobs at web.de>:
> Am Donnerstag, den 05.01.2006, 23:37 +0100 schrieb Jose Hevia:
> > 2006/1/5, Screenshot Upload Facility <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>:
> > >
> > > Submitted:   Thu Jan  5 11:02:45 2006 from 84.139.14.83
> > > ThumbMethod: Generated
> > >
> > > Token:       jkNpVxOajar1Aa7q0szmOnlVkROiCNeLcspmwGnQQ87J4
> >
> > Seems they are people that uses this service for temporal hostage of
> > images. Is there some way to degrade the image so they couldn't use
> > it. For example, merging automatically with the ocal logo with
> > Imagemagic?
> >
> > Jose Hevia
>
> What do you think about adding a link to Services http://imageshack.us/
> or http://pixel-pics.de/ ,so people don't need our Screenshot upload?
>
> Tobias

I think it is a good idea to try but I will stay quiet for ideas I had
personally no time for implementing.( I told Bryce I was going to make
a inkscape tutorial and still no finished, I had a ocal search utility
and I changed completely the search engine so still not working...)

It's strange and I have been wondering myself a lot why they are
people that use this for game screenshots and personal photos existing
this free services. Still, I don't get it.

So maybe there is a good reason I don't know. The idea was to put a
"TV logo" in preview so the image is not as useful or clean and see if
fake preview slows down. But I think is not possible to make:

composite -dissolve 50 ocal_logo.png image_preview_old.png image_previe_new.png

on server space, I'm not an expert (I don't know anything about
servers) but this have to be very insecure for so little gain.
Never mind, the thing works reasonably well, better don't touch.

       Jose Hevia