[Clipart] Sea of Subjectivity

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sat Jan 28 02:09:24 PST 2006

B Kreps wrote:
>>Nicu wrote,
>>Basically the intention is roll out ccHost as the backend
>>and customize it as needed. http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost
>
> I took a look at the ccHost package, this rating system is OK for more
> divergent content, however looking at some of your own submissions to
> openclipart.org, such as your playing cards, ccHost would cause
> fragmentation of these collections of files if the same rating system is
> applied to the openclipart.org index on a per-file basis. Effectively,
> some of your cards would appear at the beginning of the list, some at
> the end.

So what do you propose? To create from scratch a new backend? This was
our initial plan but after a long time reached the conclusion that we
don't have the resources (people, time, skills) do to it and the best
chance is to reuse something which is already existing, working and
under active maintenance.