[Clipart] convert à lot of svg to png

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sat Jan 28 04:56:44 PST 2006

patou22 wrote:
> hello,
> First of all:
> this my first message on this List. Hello Everybody. I don't write
> english very well, so be cool with me:-D.  and I'm using windows xp.
>
> I've to convert à lot of svg to png. (several 7000 svg with subdirectories)
> I tried with imagemagick but all png resulted are in very poor quality.
> So it's doesn-t work as i want.
> then i found the command to convert svg to png with Inkscape. The
> resulted png is allright but I only can convert 8 or 10 svg because if i
> try to convert, for an exemple, 20 svg my computer is "frozen" for about
> 20minutes (because windows xp launch one different processus for each pic).
>
> So, i'm looking for a free software which can make, that words in use,
> batch convert svg to png.

I believe you can use other programs, like Batik, but i don't have
experience with it, so i still recommend to use Inkscape (which i used
extensively to mass convert from SVG to PNG on Linux).
The trick is to modify the batch file to suit your needs (Windows XP).
You can use "start /wait inkscape.exe" to make it to not start a new
instance until the current operation is finished.

See some examples:

http://www.ss64.com/nt/start.html
http://www.aarontay.per.sg/Winboard/batch.html

Unfortunately, i can't give you an exact version of the .bat file as i
have abbandoned using Windows for any serious task a few years ago and
don't have experience with it, just old memories.