[Clipart] updated ccHost to pre 3.0 release

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Jul 4 16:39:17 PDT 2006

Hello all, I updated www.openclipart.org/cchost to the latest version.

I have been working for Creative Commons super much lately and the
biggest thing I have added is a redone system for localization and
support for per-site specific language so that we don't have maintain
tons of extra changes to files per-cchost installation.

I will expound upon this further in another email, but I wanted you all
to know that ccHost development continues with thoughts upon
generalization to include Open Clip Art Library among other projects
needs.

The main thing we need for OCAL is http://getid3.sf.net support for svg.
This is the primary task holding us back from moving the site over to
using ccHost and being in a more automated mode.

I really want this to happen and am hoping that we can put a stick in
and stir things up to get Open Clip Art Library moving...

Jon

Oh, btw, if anyone else wants to update ccHost in the future, please
just go to /srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/www/cchost and run:

svn up

and then:

bin/fix_live_setup.sh (which just moves ccadmin out of the way)

Then, you might have to run:

http://openclipart.org/cchost/?update=1

This upgrades each installation with database updates and whatnot. SVN
is supposed to be up-to-date and is pretty safe to upgrade while in
development.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org