Clipart request tracking (was: Re: [Clipart] Beehive Clipart)

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Sat Jul 29 11:23:02 PDT 2006

[Don't forget to update the subject when the topic switches to something
new...]

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 12:18:36PM +0300, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> Martin Owens wrote:
> >Bugzilla would be a good idea, or some other form of ticket tracking
> >system. it would be worth noting if there are rewards on certain
> >images too.
>
> It would be easy for us to create a new component in our bugzilla named
> "clipart requests", but I can see two potential problems:
> - a lot of our users are not very technical and, IMO, would be scarred
> away by the bugzilla complexity;
> - I believe f.d.o bugzilla require login and our intention is to keep
> the barrier for users/contributors as low as possible, I'm not sure if
> requiring login is too much.

Agreed; Bugzilla is going to be too complicated of a solution.  I think
the wiki list is sufficient for now, as long as people can stay on top
of keeping it organized and looking tidy.

> OTOH, as we plan to migrate to ccHost, I don't know if ccHost provides a
> way of tracking requests or not.

It does not, but this is something that I think would be valuable to add
to it.

A good way to get this started would be if someone could mockup some
sample pages, including a friendly web form for entering new requests,
and a table layout for how requests should be displayed, and an
administrative screen with the controls for managing the requests.

Once that mockup exists, someone with some PHP know-how could add the
code and set up the database table(s) to support it.