[Clipart] Use of flags for Creative Commons DVD

Daniela Faris daniela at icommons.org
Thu May 11 04:55:50 PDT 2006

Thanks Nicu

It turns out the developer found different images, so we won't be needing
these. But I appreciate the reply as this information is good to know for
future projects.

Kind Regards,

Daniela

> Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form wrote:
>> Name: Daniela Faris, iCommons
>>
>> We are organising the content according to countries, and so I need
>> pictures of flags of the world. I wanted to use the flags from your
>> site, but wanted to make 100% sure that I could use these without
>> copyright implications.
>>
>> I see that the site is under CC license, and some flags are in the
>> public domain, but others weren't specifically labelled as such.
>
> We enforce the license at upload time, is not possible to submit a file
> without releasing it as PD.
> Also, each file contain the license info (in this case Public Domain) in
> the metadata section of the SVG.
> *All* the SVG images on our website are Public Domain.
>
>> The DVD on which these flags will be used, will be distributed for
>> free (i.e. non-commercial) and no derivatives of the flag will be
>> created (apart from some slight re-sizing).
>
> Fell free to produce any kind of derivatives.
>
>> Please could you let me know if this is allowed, and if necessary,
>> what type of attribution should take place.
>
> The requirements are as stated by the CC definition of Public Domain:
> none. Attribution would be nice but is not required.
>
> --
> nicu
> Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
> my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/

Assistant and iCommons Reporter

+27 72 2966430
+27 11 327 7782

Go to www.icommons.org/summit to register for the annual iCommons Summit,
Rio de Janeiro, 23-25 June "Towards a Global Digital Commons"