[Clipart] Clipart contains copyrighted images

jason at jayro.net jason at jayro.net
Mon May 29 06:27:07 PDT 2006

"In 1997 the Federal Court of Australia declared that Harold Thomas was the
owner of copyright in the design of the Australian Aboriginal flag, and thus
the flag has protection under Australian copyright law. Thomas had
sought legal
recognition of his ownership and compensation following the Federal
Government’s
1995 proclamation of the design. His claim was contested by two others,
Mr Brown
and Mr Tennant. [5] Since then Thomas has awarded rights solely to Carroll and
Richardson Flags for the manufacture and marketing of the flag."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aboriginal_flag

- Federal Court Of Australia Document
(http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/federal_ct/1997/215.html)