[Clipart] ccHost

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Wed May 31 02:06:45 PDT 2006

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form wrote:
> Name: Justin the Wikinator
> E-mail: touchmewithsynchronicpulses@

Hi Justin,

> Hey, I'm just wondering the news on getting that ccHost up and
> running.  I'm a Comp. Sci. student who's interested in Creative

AFAIK, we have no news about this, I don't think much happened on adding
SVG support to it. The development of ccHost take place at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cctools/, where you can find the most up
to date info about its status.

> Commons (starting up a Free Culture Chapter :
> http://carleton.freeculture.org) and I have a vested interest in
> seeing ccHost up and running.  I am a generator of geometrically
> defined SVG images throught the use of Python scripts.  Currently I'm
> working to integrate them with Inkscape.  Because I feel the images
> are more for artistic purposes and less like "clipart" I haven't been

Right, this is not what i would call "clipart"

> uploading my images.  Also, I want attribution for my work, and to be
> able to refer viewers to the scripts (which will eventually get
> GPL'd).  I have been doing screen captures for my flickr account here
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wikinator in IMAGENERATION category
> because as far as I know, there is no web service photo gallery that
> hosts SVG images.        I have limited knowledge of PHP, but I'm

Open Clip Art Library use Public Domain dedication, where attribution is
not required, probably this is not the license you want.

Once ccHost get support for SVG it think it may be used  in other
places, for example i imagine a "tips & tricks" collection for Inkscape.

I am not much into it, but www.deviantart.com allow uploading of SVG.

> intersted in somehow being a part of the process of getting ccHost
> running for Open Clipart Library.  I'm not sure how much time I can
> commit to the project, but let me know what's going on and what needs
> to be done.

the process seems stalled, some help appears desperately needed, with
the stopper being the lack of SVG support (php coding), the rest should
be trivial.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/