[Clipart] ccHost

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Wed May 31 11:37:22 PDT 2006

Justin Wikinator wrote:
> If openclipart is only for "clipart", then maybe the ccHost should
> theoretically be a separate project, similar to the deviantart web, but
> for open source CC graphic designs like files from Inkscape and

ccHost *is* a separate project, it is developed by CreativeCommons, we
are just users. it was designed originally for mp3 files and its main
user is http://ccmixter.org/
ccHost lack a feature we need (SVG support) so in the FOSS way, we
proposed to add the lacking feature with our own forces (we didn't
succeeded yet).

> Scribus.  I didn't know deviantart supported SVG, thanks for the tip.

at deviantART you have to upload the SVG file *and* a PNG thumbnail