[Clipart] testing new version of the clipart browser

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Nov 17 11:45:19 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 15:47 +0000, Greg Steffensen wrote:
> Hey, I've been working on a new version of the clipart browser, and
> would appreciate if anyone would test it, at least to see if you can
> get it to run.  You can grab it from
>
> http://python.org/pypi/clipartbrowser/
>
> or checkout the svn using the instructions at
>
> http://code.google.com/p/clipartbrowser/source
>
> If you install the normal way, using "python setup.py install", all
> the dependencies are in theory supposed to be resolved for you.  I'm
> don't think that's very reliable for pygtk though, so be aware that it
> requires gtk 2.6+ and pygtk 2.6+, along with python 2.4+.
>
> It's an alpha, so not all of the functionality in the GUI is
> implemented yet, but most of it is.  As I noted this morning, OCAL's
> rss search seems to be down now, so that won't work, but it should be
> implemented in the client (naturally, I haven't tested).  Feedback is
> very welcome, and for the most part should be submitted to the tracker
> system at its google code site.
>
> Greg

Cool, I'm glad its being hosted somewhere stable ;)

Hmmm...I'm still having an issue installing the script...I need to sort
it out.

Part of the project, now that its prototyped in python, I think is to
code this in c/c++ so that apps can use it, get the speed-ups, etc.

Bryce, you had some thoughts on this. Can you elaborate?

Greg, awesome...give me a call before end of biz day on FRI, PST
please...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org