[Clipart] remove from list

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Sep 7 13:36:20 PDT 2006

Has the time come to to include a disclaimer at the bottom of every
message explaining users need to mail to the word unsubscribe to
clipart-request at lists.freedesktop.org if they want to leave the list? And
then another message to explain clipart-request is a different list from
clipart?

How is it that users can so easily sign up for a list but have so much
difficulty following the very similar instructions to unsubscribe?  It
happens over and over again on many mailing lists.

Could messages containing the word unsubscribe automatically be bounced
and provided with the correct instuctions or request users to confirm they
really want to unsubscribe?  Sure it would block the occasional message
like this one and messages asking to be removed rather than unsubscribed
will still get through but I figured I should ask or this will just keep
happening.  Should I really be asking the mailman developers?

/endrant

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org