[Clipart] Massive amounts of linkspam on the wiki

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Sep 7 17:14:05 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 00:42 +0100, Theresa Knott wrote:
> The wiki appears to have only 4 admins. None of who are active! I've
> just removed all the linkspam from the article space.
> http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=Theresa+Knott
>
>  The spam usually starts

> so you cannot see it on the page, only when you open an edit window.
> This is a real problem with not very active wikis, so people need to
> be vigilant.
>
> I have not gone through the talk pages or user pages yet so please do
> check those.
> Theresa

I'm so glad to have you as an admin now. Everyone welcome Theresa!
Theresa, please alert me and other devs. if there are some other things
we can do to fix the spam issue...its really a shame we have to require
user/pass.

It would be cool if we could pipe together our username/password for
cchost to wikipedia...hmmm...maybe too late though now...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org