[Clipart] Massive amounts of linkspam on the wiki

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Sep 10 16:41:05 PDT 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Theresa Knott wrote:

[... comments on automatically fighting linkspam ...]

> Hmm I'm not sure.

Automation is definately the way to go, just not the only way.

> the  edit. That works for some of them. For smaller wikis having a
> nofollow tag on all external links ( which I think is the default for
> mediawiki software) means that spamming for SEO is a waste of  time.

That sounds like a very good idea if it isn't already enabled.

It would be nice to be able to whitelist certain domains such as Inkscape
but even if that is not possible it does seem like a necessary evil.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://inkscape.org