[Clipart] installation in windows

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Thu Sep 14 03:40:44 PDT 2006

Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com> writes:

> I'm presuming you mean OpenOffice.org? It can't use vector clip art, from
> my experiences. (In fact, this was one of the myriad of reasons I switched
> to AbiWord/Gnumeric for my needs.)

Oddly, OO.o *can* open MS Word documents that contain vector clipart
in wmf form, and even save them in OpenDocument format.  The vector
clipart stays in vector form, then -- if you unzip the thing, the .wmf
file is there, and can be opened e.g. in Inkscape (and edited, and
saved as .svg, but then if you want to insert the results into OO.o
again you have to export a bitmap of it).

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/