[Clipart] Regarding the possibility of hosting a contest

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:07:07 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am contacting the Open Clip Art Library in behalf of the Xiph.Org
Foundation, creators of media formats like FLAC and Theora.

We are launching a project known as Spread Open Media, where we will
create a community platform to help promote our media formats
throughout the Internet and beyond in an attempt to compete with
proprietary formats like MP3 and WMV.  The project will work
similarily to the popular Spread Firefox community.

However, we are in serious need of a designer to come up with banners,
icons, fliers, and the like.  As a non-profit organization we planned
to ask for donations to hire the services of a graphics designer, but
then it dawned to us that if we will depend on the community, we might
as well just ask them for their help instead of their money.

That is why we are contacting the Open Clip Art Library.  We would
like to know if it is possible to run a contest where your visitors
may contribute with work to get the SOM  project going.  We intend to
have the contributions available under the Public Domain, hence, we
think it may benefit both of our efforts.

Thank you for your attention,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves,
Xiph.Org Foundation PR

P.S: The Contact option at //openclipart.org is broken, both in
character count and where it sends e-mail.