[Clipart] Regarding the possibility of hosting a contest

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 07:13:38 PDT 2007

Thanks, guys!  I'm glad everyone seems excited at the idea.  It's just
what we needed.

On 4/3/07, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) <nicu at apsro.com> wrote:
> I think the first thing SOM will need is a logo for the project.
> Once the logo is chosen, a lot of derivative graphics (banners, buttons,
> badges,icons etc.) can be made using it as a base. This step may be
> without contests (as the overall look was already defined in the
> previous step).

Indeed.  Let's establish the logo has the first goal of the contest.

Regarding SOM.  It's a project to promote open media formats,
especially Xiph's, but SVG should be promoted too.  SOM will be a mix
of Spread Firefox (campaigns, banners, stuff) and Mozillazine
(community, forums, blogs).  We'll be hosting some content, but I
believe we'll rely mostly on Wikimedia Commons to provide content and
to host content under free licenses/PD.

SOM's website will be available at //spreadopenmedia.com -- right now,
it's just running a few tests with the Joomla CMS system, as we don't
have much content yet.  It's hosting, however, our 10 top reasons to
why open media matters, including the funny "I'll kill the Bunny"
thing.

Yes, the winner of the logo contest should be credited and get reputation :)
It's only fair.

What other questions may I answer?  What else can I do to help getting
the contest going?

Best regards to everyone in the list,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves,
Xiph.Org Foundation