[Clipart] SOM Logo Creation Contest Begins Today

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:21:48 PDT 2007

I just edited the wiki, but I'm announcing it here as well.

There's still room for a judge or two, but that shouldn't prevent the
contest from starting.

As one of the judges, I hope there will be lots of entries to analyze.

Information below copied from the Open Clipart Wiki.

 Xiph.Org - Spread Open Media Logo/Mascot Contest

    * Starting: 10 April 2007
    * Ending: 05 May 2007
    * Judging: Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves, TBD (Judges should not
participate with an entry for the contest.)
    * ANNOUNCEMENT: Winner will be credited and get exposition of
his/her website. May the best design win.

Guidelines

    * Images must be in SVG format
    * All submissions will have to be released into the public domain
(like all Open Clip Art Library images)
    * Be accompanied by grayscale version
    * Be recognizable in small sizes (think blog banners like "Atom feed")
    * Look cool in large sizes for use in t-shirts and fliers
    * Use a mascot, maybe

What is SOM?

Spread Open Media AKA SOM is a project in the same line as Spread
Firefox, but combined with a powerful community like Mozillazine. SOM
will promote Open Media formats like Xiph's (Vorbis, FLAC, Speex,
Theora and XSPF) and others like SVG and ODF.

SOM is starting now and really needs help, because it will rely a lot
in graphics, so please join the contest.

-------
Best regards,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves,
Xiph.Org Foundation