[Clipart] Re: ok, steady on the lang. front

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:04:43 PDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> Oh, also, Ivo, how flexible is the xiph logo in being included? Are
> people allowed to use the colors of the xiph.org logo, etc?

The Xiph logo is trademarked.  While we aren't anal about it,
considering the SOM logo will be available under PD, there is no
chance to include the Xiph logo with it.  All kinds of bad things
could happen, I reckon.

The colors?  I suppose that isn't an issue, but I'm no lawyer.

The fish?  Anyone may draw a fish, but there's a line between a
blantant copy and an original creation.

-Ivo