[Clipart] Registration

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Apr 13 16:28:54 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 09:04 +0300, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> Martin Owens wrote:
> >
> >> From a quick investigation into the files that won't upload they both
> > have clones (inkscape clones, svg links) so parts of the svg can be
> > duplicated. is this or other inkscape features going to stop uploads?
> > (such as blur?)
>
> See http://openclipart.org/people/
> All the files not placed in a subdirectory are failed uploads.
> I have successfully uploaded SVG files using blur, so this is not the cause.
>
> > Can we also see the svg code your using, I've made an xml parser and
> > svg document parser in perl before so it's not a problem to look at it
> > and see what's up.
>
> I am not familiar with the cchost code (and probably this should be
> taken upstream anyway), but I believe the attached files are used for this.

Yes, you are right. This would be brilliant of you to look into this!

Yes, SVG validation is done with http://getid3.sf.net

Roan added initial support, but haven't heard from him in a while.

I can confirm that the validation is where the upload process is
choking, so would be good to test this out more, add some solution.

Please ping if you need help. I would suggest installing ccHost and
getid3 for validation of what seems random:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/cchost

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org