[Clipart] Cannot upload

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Wed Apr 18 06:42:32 PDT 2007

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) wrote:
>> I found it's really hard to reduce the file size to less than 100k. I've
>> already successfully reduce it's size from 140k to 120k but it's still
>> larger than 100k.
>>
>> But thanks anyway. Maybe I'll try to find another way to upload it. :)
>
> If you follow the talk in the links above, will see the filesize of 100k
> is not the problem by itself, the problem is somewhere else in our
> scripts but we have not figured yet where.

I tried something: I have a few old files which were rejected at upload.
I saved them as "plain SVG" and the upload went very smooth, fine and fast.
For one of the files I tried something else: ungrouped all the existing
groups (the image is complex), saved as Inkscape SVG and uploaded. It
took an awful lot of time but the upload was successful in the end (but
the long wait made me expect another failure).

So try to save as plain SVG and upload this way.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/