[Clipart] OCAL disk usage

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Apr 25 06:44:05 PDT 2007

Hi,
clipart.fd.o are now using 72GB on gabe.fd.o[0].  Most of this would
seem to be from daily backups which don't use hardlinks or anything, but
instead copy the _entire repo content_ daily.  This ... hurts.

I'm trying to get verification urgently of how well our backups are
working.  In the meantime, please do something ASAP; I've disabled the
cronjob, because from the look of Nagios getting increasingly unhappy as
our free disk space plummets, the next backup would've pushed us over
the edge and run gabe out of space on /home (which is also /srv).

(Having looked at the crontab, it seems to also be the case for
 OFL/Create, but those are relatively small.  Even so, I believe our own
 daily backups should be working fine.  Is there any particular reason
 you need daily backups of all your content?)

Cheers,
Daniel

[0]: The nearest contender has 14GB, then 5GB, then most everything else
     is below 200MB.