[Clipart] Generate txt files for 0.19 release

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Apr 26 13:50:24 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 19:51 +0200, momo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> A fantastic and very user friendly feature could be to create a package on
> the fly, based on search criteria:
>
> I make a search with a few keywords (for example ANIMAL, CARTOON, COLOR).
> Also, to filter the search results by quality, it'll be cool to have
> someting like EXCLUDE CLIPARTS RATED LESS THAN (select 2,3,4,and 5 stars).
>
> When the search is done, I can see the cliparts online (and download them 1
> by 1), or download all these cliparts in a ZIP or 7Z archive created on the
> fly by the server!
>
> I don't know how difficult this could be to implement, but this would
> definitely be a HUGE improvement to the library.
>
> Molumen

Yes, this is a great idea. Although, there is lag for doing this and
some major infrastructure issues to consider. I think doing from an
admin security position is best so that we can use to build official
packages, and then think about how to do this on the per-user
level...you can imagine the load if 100 users are doing this and the
packages are re-used, etc...massive storage and computation...

Jon

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org