[Clipart] Planet(s) cron

Roan Horning roan at horning.us
Sun Dec 2 12:30:59 PST 2007

Hi,

I found the script cron_planet. When I first ran it within the
.../openclipart.org/ocal_planet/ directory it wouldn't let me (even
though I appear to have the proper permissions). When I copied it to my
home directory and ran it, it worked fine. I've set up a crontab entry
within my account to update the planet and planet_news feeds at the top
of the hour and at half past the hour.  Let me know if you would like
the timing adjusted.  I've also given people in the openclipart group
read/write permissions, so someone can change it or delete it if I'm not
available. The path to the file is /home/roan/update-planet.sh

http://planet.openclipart.org and  http://planet.openclipart.org/news/
sites are updated, but http://www.openclipart.org/ does not reflect the
changes to the planet news section. Not sure what triggers openclipart's
cchost to reload this feed.

Thanks,

roan