[Clipart] A cartography initiative? Who backs me?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Dec 7 19:00:58 PST 2007

Awesome! I'm down...we should totally start this monthly theme thing
again on ocal...lets do it! What do we need to do?

Jon

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 09:15 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Recently a thread on the Inkscape users list about creating maps and the
> level on interest people are showing gave me an idea about a cartography
> initiative.
> I am thinking here about something like "the month of cartography",
> where everyone is invited to submit map symbols (be it fantasy,
> historic, sci-fi, realistic), adding "cartography" as one of the
> keywords, run it for a month with a lot of PR and at the end count the
> submissions. I think it could be called a success if we can gather at
> least 500 images (which I think is perfectly doable).
>
> If at least two other people backs me and pledge to contribute clipart,
> I am ready to start it (and I pledge *at least* 50 clipart images,
> including  my images revived from the old site).

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.