[Clipart] looking for "denco" and tracking artists' contributions

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Wed Feb 7 00:53:31 PST 2007

Jon Phillips wrote:

> Ok, what can we say about these images then? If the original author
> submitted them to the site, and our technical system did not change the
> license properly, that is our issue. If the images are actually
> copywritten and we can detect this, then we should not allow them.
>
> If otherwise, I think we should fix our technical error by fixing the
> license URL since he has clicked through our old site and we have logs
> to prove this if needed. (NOTE: Always save your logs).
>
> Do you all agree?

I agree in thinking this was a technical error on our site and I believe
we made clear enough on the site that submissions have to be PD.

But at the same time we can't 100% guarantee Jeremy (who already used
the image in a printed book) that there will be no troubles.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/