[Clipart] timeout?

momo momo at lumenstudio.net
Thu Feb 8 07:00:13 PST 2007

>I have two files which can't be uploaded, I believe the file sizes are too
>big (232KB and 374KB), after a while I get a blank screen (no success and
>no error message), AFAIK this is a timeout. What can I do?
> --
> nicu

Hi all,
I'm having the same problem for the very beginning of CCHOST.
The behaviour is quite strange: the upload of SVG files bigger than approx.
120Kb almost never ends with a successful upload message. It just stucks at
the uploading page in 80% of the cases. But in some of theses cases the SVG
file is successfully uploaded if I let the upload page stuck for a few
minutes though...
Another scenario that happens in about 15% of the cases, is the blank page
described bu Nicu. In these cases, the SVG is NEVER uploaded successfully...
In a small 5% of the cases the upload is successfull, and the "SVG file
uploaded" message appears.

Now the most bizarre of all this is that I'm having this problem ONLY with
SVG files. For example today, I ulpoaded 23 PNGs which average size was
about 2.5 Mb and the upload was smooth and bugless...

May this be something related to postprocessing of the SVG files? What's
done to these files when they are uploaded (apart of the renaming). And
where are they stocked? On an FTP server? Or directly in MySQL (or whathever
the used database is...)?

hmmm...
Molumen