[Clipart] Planet OpenClipArt

Ryan ryan at lennox.com.au
Thu Feb 8 14:40:59 PST 2007

> nicu Wrote:

> Yeah, we can improve this:
>
> - get more contributors to blog and aggregate their blogs.
> Unfortunately, we don't have that many regular contributors and
> contributors who go beyond submitting clipart;

I read the planet everyday, and there are some blogs on there from people
that I have never seen around openclipart...

IMO, I would prefer people whose blogs pertain a bit more to clipart,
(quantity over quality) even if this is removing some blogs off...

> - put more feeds from ccHost into planet. Any ideas here?

I think the editiors picks should be on there now...

I am going to stop posting the cliparts of the week in the main page news
blog, and start just adding them to the editors picks, so my opinion is to
add that feed to the planet.

> - get us to blog more often, I think rejon is the only who blog daily or
> almost daily. This is highly subjective, not all have daily something to
> say which the world would want to read (I think I'll blog these days
> about this).

I have been making a concerted effort to try to blog a bit more... (I have
never before, so its all a bit strange to me...)

> --

Ill just add my two cents here too, maybe the skin for the planet site could
do with a bit of a revamp:

Also, higher visible links to the planet from the main site, and maybe a
description of what a "planet" is at the top of the planet would help new
people understand whats going on. (when I first discovered about
openclipart, I had only a little knowledge of feeds and aggregation, and had
no idea what planetplanet was)

Cheers,

Ryanlerch