[Clipart] multi-byte test file for upload file bug

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Feb 12 22:57:34 PST 2007

Good test file...heya, VS and others, here is a good test file for
uploading to ccHost to find out problems with multi-byte characters.

Basially, the issue here is that usually one has a localized system,
like in Taiwan, a system would be BiG-5, hence the file name has a
character and then .zip.

Thus, a problem arises, when uploading this through ccHost and the
filename can't be read properly, and get all fudged up, if the system is
not utf-8 (most servers/desktops in USA, even linux-based are still
iso-8859-1)...

Ideally, ccHost should be able to accept this file, keep this filename
intact/and/or read this multi-byte character, and allow others to
download it...at present this file causes errors.

Anyway, I'm filing this as well, but trying to clear out my email box so
ppl. know I haven't forgotten them...

I attached the zip archive with multibyte character inside another zip
so the name doesn't get mangled:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1658654&group_id=80503&atid=559966

Jon