[Clipart] New download-package?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Feb 12 23:46:41 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:02 +0100, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Jon Phillips schrieb:
> > On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 08:29 +1000, Ryan wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Tom
> >>
> >> As you may have noticed, we have just made our new site, (which uses the
> >> creative commons "ccHost" engine) live.
> >>
> >> We are in the process of trying to import the old clipart into the system,
> >> and after that is done, the next step will most probably be create the next
> >> (0.19) package release.
> >>
> >> At the moment, we really need developers to assist our small team of dev's
> >> to get this on the move again.
> >>
> >> If you have PHP knowledge, you will be able to help out with the import and
> >> other enhancements to our new engine. My PHP skills are rather limited, so
> >> the best person to talk to would be rejon; he will get you a dev account and
> >> all that.
> >>
> >> If your not much of a dev (I am def. not one :P) we will soon need as many
> >> hands on deck to help sort though the exisiting clipart, tag it, and clean
> >> it up from Public Domain issues and all that.
> >>
> >> All this should be happening in the next couple of weeks...
> >>

> > Yah, we need developers and agree with Ryan on everything...we also need
> > more bloggers and people to help raise the profile of the project around
> > the web. How would you like to help out? What are you interested in?
> >
> > You could help us figure out how to make some type of ccHost-based
> > packager.
> >

> Hi there,
>
> my PHP-skills are also very low, but perhaps I can do something for a
> new download-package? I already have a script which builds a
> PDF-catalogue of the 0.18-release. I also have some server-capacity.

Oh, server capacity is nice...we need to come up with mirror strategy
eventually.

Also, the packaging is in cvs as module clipart_package. There is a
makefile for wrapping up our collection as various packages including
the windows nsis-based installer.

There are a couple of patches for that in our bug tracker that need to
be applied...that would be a good thing to take over if you feel
comfortable with it...we could immediately snap shot our old and new
clipart and put it into the PACKAGE/clipart folder and test out a
release. This is a pretty cheap way to do a 0.19, but the clipart isn't
cleaned up, not into hierarchical folder.

One option is to just use the clipart packaged up as I emailed out a few
days ago, and just put all new clipart into the unsorted folder.

The problem with this though is that our removals are not in this new
package...so problematic...best to put energy into a cchost-based
strategy IMO. Would you like help with getting started on this?

Jon

> Best,
>
> Tom
>
> (Be back on monday)