[Clipart] two questions

Rita Laurance ritalouise2 at peoplepc.com
Wed Feb 14 18:16:22 PST 2007

I am not a programmer- I am creating cliparts and graphics with inkscape.

I have two , I am sure, very simple questions. The first is- I created a clipart by making a drawing from a commercial photo. I didn't scan or duplicate the photo in any way- it is a free drawing, but I am wondering if the copywrite of a photo includes any and all objects within it. If they recognize this image from the photo, is it an illegal clipart?

The second- I have been making cliparts and then exporting them as pngs, then I reintroduce them into another svg file with other images in it, but when I go to open the svg file, there is a big x and an error message reads that the embedded object cannot be found. Luckily, I've been exporting all of my finished work. But I have several missing embedded images in my svg files. Can this be addressed in the next svg version, or has it been- I haven't yet downloaded the new svg.

If anyone has the answers to these questions- please let me know!
Thanks-
Rita L.