[Clipart] antique clip art site

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Sun Feb 25 23:33:14 PST 2007

momo wrote:
> Well, if these cliparts are copyright-free, Why not... There are a few
> great things there!

The site claims:
"These clipart images are ALL from vintage sources, and have been
scanned, restored, and placed into the Public Domain by AntiqueClipart.com"
So yes, they should really be copyright free. Also, the images are so
old that the copyright should have expired in any jurisdiction.

I had a look at the images, the version available for free is so small
in resolution that you can't do an automatic trace (using potrace in
Inkscape) with good results (example:
http://antiqueclipart.com/clipart/large/woman-with-fan.jpg) so basically
you have to redraw it from scratch using the initial jpg mostly as a
guide or an idea - in my personal opinion to much work to worth the effort.
Sure, there are much simpler images, like
http://antiqueclipart.com/clipart/large/christmas-holly.jpg where
automatic trace may work, but it is so simple you can draw it without
any guides in a matter of minutes.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/