[Clipart] shapes/stars folder

Dan Gerhards dan at seansastronomyshop.com
Thu Jan 4 13:06:25 PST 2007

> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 21:18 -0500, Nathan Friedly wrote:
> > He has a good point there. I think keeping 15-20 might be wise. maybe
> > 100 if we're feeling extravagant. But not 1300 of the things.
> >
> > On 1/3/07, Dan Gerhards <dan at seansastronomyshop.com> wrote:
> >         When the artwork is moved, can we NOT move the 1376
> >         auto-generated stars? They
> >         don't improve the library. The script that created them might
> >         be of use to
> >         someone, but not the images.
> >
> >         ---Dan Gerhards
>
> I think we should leave everything the same and build upon the past and
> make edits rather than remove the old ones. Plus, there is the issue of
> content redirection. We could spin out of control easily by making
> decisions about deleting old non-worthy content. I think though the one
> exception is content we've deemed illegal (trademarks/copyrighted
> images).

In general, I agree--I don't advocate deleting anything else. However, the
images I'm talking about are nearly identical, very simple, symmetrical
patterns. They were obviously created by a program. (The code, as I said, may
be of interest.) Please take a look at the folder if you haven't seen them
before.

You have to download 5MB of these patterns. On a slow connection, that's not
trivial.

---Dan Gerhards