[Clipart] Fwd: Announcement: Wikimedia Foundation Greenspun illustration project

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:08:50 PST 2007

On 05/11/2007, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> Great! Would you like to run some contests with us that would pay for
> specific high quality artworks?

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by "run some contests"?

Please have a look at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Philip_Greenspun_illustration_project/Process
. I don't intend that illustrators will "compete" against each other
for a single illustration because 1) it is not very fitting with the
nature of Wikimedia editing - we are collaborative rather than
competitive, and 2) it is a waste of good effort if multiple people
are working on a single thing, compared to multiple people working on
multiple things.

Let me know if my message wasn't clear or you want to expand on what
you meant. :)

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/