[Clipart] where to browse clipart images? (looking for VPN diagrams)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Nov 9 13:37:56 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 08:28 -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Jon Phillips wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 18:54 -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > > I am looking for clipart images. There used to be an OpenClipart website
> > > where I could view many images at a time.
> >
> > We are working on that right now...we'd love to have your help in
> > pushing forward on our roadmap: http://openclipart.org/wiki/roadmap
>
> It has been a week and this thread had a few emails. but I don't seem to
> have an answer yet.
>
> The roadmap says thumbnails for 0.19 pre are done. What is 0.19 pre? And
> where can I see them?

Check the roadmap link above...

> Does the software support thumbnails? If so, why doesn't it show them?

It is in development. Roan has been hacking on this...

> I'd like to help. But I need:
>
> - access to the data (SVG files, thumbnails if exist). Are they in CVS?
>
> - point me to the code

Roan has been working on and can brief you on this code. Roan, lets get
this code into SVN...

> If I can't modify the code, at least I can create all missing thumbnails
> and make a simple script to generate static HTML pages for all the tags
> that show (img src) the thumbnails. Even if that is not using the ccHost
> structure, it is better than nothing.

The best is to add this to ccHost and work with Roan on this...the other
big task is import too, if interested...

I think you could help to write some code to iterate across all clipart
and regenerate thumbnails...Roan, what do you think about Jeremy helping
this way?

> I have freedesktop.org login. Can I have access to the OSUOSL system?
>
>   Jeremy C. Reed

Sure, actually, your old account should work...With Richard Worth's
help, we copied the old accounts to the new server. Try it on:

hawthorn.osuosl.org

If not, then send me your ssh2 key attached to an email, desired
username, and I'll get you an account...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.