[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 42, Issue 27

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Sep 24 22:45:09 PDT 2007

Greg Bulmash wrote:

> Step 1: Convert SVG into PNG with commandline Inkscape through shell_exec();
> Step 2: Use GD to get dimensions of PNG

Step 2 may be merged with step 1 and do everything with Inkscape's
command line

> Step 3: Do calculations so thumbnails and other sizes fit within
> predetermined bounding boxes.
> Step 4: ImageMagick does resize/copy giving each image a prefix or
> suffix unique to the size type.

Maybe also Step 4 could be done with Inkscape, but I think overall those
are the needed steps.

>> The core of ccHost is mp3 sharing, so it have the base covered for mp3s
>> features (so it does not need thumbnails for mp3s), adapting it for SVG
>> was our gimmick in the lack of another alternative.
>
> Perhaps it's better to start from scratch and do something that's
> optimized for SVG/bitmap sharing instead of trying to crowbar that
> function into CCHost?

That was our first approach and it was not a success. After 1.5-2 years
of trying we thought is easier to add the functionality to ccHost
instead of doing our own.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/