[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 46, Issue 18

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Jan 28 00:27:25 PST 2008

Crap, looks like a bot...thanks for sending these accounts...probably
need to try and kill their ip...

How many accounts were created?

Jon

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 10:07 -0800, John Olsen wrote:

> Along these lines, can we please possibly set the default
> notifications for reviews to be ON.  Otherwise is there anyway that
> admins can contact these people and alert them of problems?  Does
> contact e-mail go through by default?
>
> John
>

> Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on but there have been a number of
> them this week all along the same lines.   Brand new account and they
> upload a photo.  Don't know if it is a prank or if there are just a
> wave of clueless people coming through.
>
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/belkilleuz95/6859
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/bianca_15_08/6856
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/chip123/6857
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/NATURE2000/6854
>
> Usually one of us librarians send them them the guidelines link but
> this is not effective.
>
> Phishing?  Are kids just using it as a free place to post photos of
> each other?
>
> The sad things is they are about half of this weekends uploads.
>
> These are on a short leash and one of us will delete them soon if we
> don't get a reply.
>
> John Olsen

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.