[Clipart] Fwd: Re: resurrecting the clipart browser project

enzoaeneas at gmail.com enzoaeneas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 12:25:25 PST 2008

So far I have checked out pyGTK (with Cairo) and wxPython (with wxSVG).
They are about even among interested parties so far, but voting is still
open.
Other possibilities include pyQt (with QtSVG) and Mozilla Gecko (SVG
support is built-in, has python bindings)

I like Martin Owens' idea of creating a library capable of being integrated
into other projects, so I am looking at separating the application into
these logical parts:

1. OCAL repository abstraction (local and remote)
2. Interface/contract for UI
3. Implement UI using different GUI toolkits, starting with voted favorite.
4. Implement command line renderer (for software that does not have python
integration).

The Google code project (http://code.google.com/p/ocal-browser/)
has a Google Group now:
http://groups.google.com/group/ocal-browser-discuss/topics

Join and contribute if you have ideas or comments.

--Kevin