[Clipart] George Riddick & Imageline

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:46:49 PDT 2008

Jon,

Because the images aren't user submitted, but ones I harvested from the
web, I'm not sure DMCA applies.  And if it does, I'd need a lawyer's
opinion on that.

My attorney (my father) is on vacation in China, on a cruise ship, and
virtually incommunicado.  I have told Riddick this multiple times and
said I'd cooperate to remove the works he identified from the web, but
there would be no discussion of a settlement until my attorney returned.

He keeps saying I'll have to make a settlement offer within a few days
or he'll refer it to his lawyers who will be much nastier, etc.  I told
him that his repeated insistence that I make a settlement offer before I
can avail myself of counsel is both suspect and his tactics border on
extortion.

He's been quite the asshole and if I publish his threats to my blog,
then submit it to Slashdot, I could have him inundated with hackers and
cranks, but just like I don't want to make a settlement offer before my
lawyer gets back, I don't want to start trying this case in the media
before I have my lawyer's advice on that.

He's trying HARD to push me into making an offer before I have that
legal guidance.  But I'm going to stand firm.

- Greg